End to End Young Driver Training
The End to End Young Driver Training program is designed to support 16-25 year olds in their journey to achieving their full licence, from end to end.
An Investing In Our Youth initiative, this program supports young people all the way through the process of obtaining their full drivers licence, including; driver education, obtaining the learners permit, building driving experience through formal driving lessons and the RYDE program, and to sit and pass the Hazard Perception Test (HPT) and Practical Driving Assessment (PDA) to achieve their P plates.
Who is the program for?
To be eligible for the program you MUST be:
- aged between 15 years and 9 months – 25 years of age
- live in Withers or surrounding suburbs and be experiencing at lease one of the following;
- Barriers to accessing an appropriate supervisor or vehicle (lack of family supports)
- Current or history of involvement with the Justice System
- Significant financial barriers
- Homelessness or at risk of (primary or secondary)
- Current or history of involvement with DCPFS
If you want to apply and live outside the area please contact the Program Manager to discuss.
Semara – 0419 730 550
How do i get involved?
You will need to complete an application form and submit it to the Program Manager. There are limited places in this program so you must be fully committed to continuously participating in and completing all aspects of the program. Don’t worry – you have our full support along the way.
There will be groups of 10-15 people running each term, so if you don’t get approved the first time, you can try again next term. We want to help as many people as we can.
WHAT costs ARE INVOLVED?
Every aspect of this program is fully funded each participant will have access to over $1,200 worth of education, lessons and support.
We also offer transport support to participants to attend driver education, driving lessons, appointments at The Department of Transport and more.
For more information or an application form, please contact our Project Manager here